I would love to say that MafiaLife is hiring chefs to share thier special recipes with us, and we are giving you an exclusive. But, that is not the case. The fact is, food and drink is one of the most gangster things in the world. Not many thing satisfy the way food and drink do. So our team has searched the entire internet to find a recipe worth trying for ourselves. And, it is only fair we share that recipe with those who care to satisfy thier hunger and thirst.
Below is a recipe we found on a food & wine website. We hope you enjoy it as much as we did. You’re very welcome:
Penne with Smoked Chicken and Mascarpone
INGREDIENTS: Serves 4-6
- 1 pound penne rigate
- 1/2 cup mascarpone cheese
- 2 tablespoons sherry vinegar
- 1 tablespoon extra-virgin olive oil
- 1/2 pound young green beans, cut into 1 1/2-inch lengths and blanched until al dente
- 1/2 pound zucchini, cut into 1 1/2 -by-1/3-inch sticks
- 2 shallots, thinly sliced
- 1 pound boneless smoked chicken breast—skinned, trimmed of fat and shredded
- 1/8 teaspoon crushed red pepper
- 2 tablespoons minced parsley
- In a large pot of boiling salted water, cook the penne until al dente, about 12 minutes. Drain the pasta, reserving about 1/2 cup of the cooking liquid.
- Meanwhile, in a small nonreactive saucepan, combine the mascarpone and sherry vinegar. Cook over low heat until melted; keep warm.
- Heat the olive oil in a large non-reactive skillet. Add the green beans and zucchini and sauté until tender and lightly browned. Stir in the shallots and cook until softened. Add the smoked chicken and crushed red pepper, season with salt and cook just until warmed through.
- In a large bowl, toss the pasta with the vegetables and the mascarpone sauce; add some of the reserved cooking liquid if the pasta seems dry. Sprinkle with the parsley and serve.