For a while now the loyal players of MafiaLife have been hoping the war aspect of the game returned. After the game made a move to Facebook, and a more casual audience moved in, they figured they would never get back the days where if you attacked someone successfully, you got a feeling of ‘I won something’. The designers decided that losing and starting over when your mobster died was too much, so killing become ‘clipping’, and when you put someone in the hospital, they took only a small hit to the leader board. It used to be that if you killed a mobster in MafiaLife, you took his inventory. Well, now it is back!
The MafiaLife has introduced us to a new type of weapon called ‘sanctioned’. And, anytime you successfully shoot, or beat someone with one of those sanctioned weapons, there is a chance you are taking a weapon from your victim. But, you will not always earn one if there is not one to be earned. Here are the possible outcomes when successfully attacking another mobster:
- Failed – You lose your sanctioned weapon.
- Success & Opponent has 0 sanctioned weapons. You get your sanctioned weapon back and a message letting you know the opponent did not have any sanctioned weapons.
- Success & Opponent only has sanctioned weapons of higher POWER than the weapon you used. You get your sanctioned weapon back and a message letting you know the opponent has sanctioned weapons but they are higher power than the one you used, try using a stronger weapon next time.
- Success & Opponent has sanctioned weapons of equal or lower power than the weapon you used. You get your sanctioned weapon back and a weapon from your opponent!
They have also created a new ‘war’ leader board, that also will effect your overall leader board status. The war leader board simply calculates the total power you have by adding up all sanctioned weapon power in your inventory. The more weapon power total, the higher you are ranked. Your war rating also give you a nice boost on the overall leader board.
To earn these weapons, to start your sanctioned wars with your enemy, all you need to do is complete a repeatable war quest titled “Get Sanctioned War Permission From The Don”. This repeatable quest has 4 simple tasks:
- Successfully pickpocket 5 people
- Successfully beat 5 people
- Successfully shoot 5 people
- Successfully attack 5 businesses
Each specific task has a small chance of paying out sanctioned weapons, and completing the entire war quest has an even better chance of paying out multiple sanctioned weapons. Remember, the quest is repeatable. So, there are unlimited amount of chances to continue to earn these sanctioned weapons.
It’s time for war. Go start some major trouble. I heard a rumor they plan on giving away sponsored prizes, and MafiaLife prizes to those who can make it to the top of the war leader board, and stay there. Follow @MafiaLife on twitter to stay posted on prize updates.